This is the barn at the Fearington Village, near Chapel Hill, NC. I believe the inside is actually a restaurant/event space. I’ve made a couple recent visits to Fearington, and I believe this is my favorite image from there so far.
Got up reeeeaaaaallllllyyyy early one morning and headed to the beach. Made it in time for sunrise 🙂
The main image is my favorite from the morning. I found this location just by looking around on google maps. I knew I would have to wait for low tide to be at the lowest around sunrise. I also needed decent weather/no rain. I finally got that combination yesterday, so I was up at 4am and headed to North Topsail Beach. I would have liked to have been there a little earlier, but I arrived just before the sun was coming up over the horizon.
Same morning, other versions:
This one was photographed a little later than the others. The sun was much higher in the sky, which is why the colors are so different. I used a 10 stop filter to get the motion in the water.
- Southern Appalachian Spruce Fir – Roan Highlands, Tennessee/North CarolinaJune 13, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- Blue Ridge Parkway Mile Post 19 – 20 Minute CliffJune 3, 2017 - 9:32 am
- General Jackson – Charlottesville, VirginiaMay 30, 2017 - 8:40 pm
- Frisco Pier – Cape Hatteras, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:35 pm
- Bodie Island Lighthouse and Milky Way – Nags Head, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:30 pm