Got up reeeeaaaaallllllyyyy early one morning and headed to the beach. Made it in time for sunrise 🙂
The main image is my favorite from the morning. I found this location just by looking around on google maps. I knew I would have to wait for low tide to be at the lowest around sunrise. I also needed decent weather/no rain. I finally got that combination yesterday, so I was up at 4am and headed to North Topsail Beach. I would have liked to have been there a little earlier, but I arrived just before the sun was coming up over the horizon.
Same morning, other versions:
This one was photographed a little later than the others. The sun was much higher in the sky, which is why the colors are so different. I used a 10 stop filter to get the motion in the water.
So while I was in Nashville, I stopped by an old favorite place – Radnor Lake. It’s been almost a year since I was last able to visit. This was what greeted me Monday morning – just how I remembered it 😉
I thought I’d share another photo from the sunset I watched from Cliff Top, near the LeConte Lodge in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. This was taken a little before the last one I posted. The clouds and fog constantly moved in and out of the scene, it really was beautiful.
- Southern Appalachian Spruce Fir – Roan Highlands, Tennessee/North CarolinaJune 13, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- Blue Ridge Parkway Mile Post 19 – 20 Minute CliffJune 3, 2017 - 9:32 am
- General Jackson – Charlottesville, VirginiaMay 30, 2017 - 8:40 pm
- Frisco Pier – Cape Hatteras, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:35 pm
- Bodie Island Lighthouse and Milky Way – Nags Head, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:30 pm