The iconic Arthur Ravenel Bridge in Charleston South Carolina
The famous pineapple fountain at the Waterfront Park, downtown Charleston South Carolina
Folly Beach Pier, near Charleston, South Carolina.
A Carnival Cruise Ship, identified by the iconic whale tale, is seen heading towards the Port of Charleston during sunrise.
When I was visiting Charleston for a week, I knew that Angel Oak was on my short list of photography stops. This tree is truly impressive. I’ve seen many photos of this old oak, and none ever do it justice.
I’ve read several different stats about it’s age, but it’s at least several hundred years old and could be quite a bit older. If you get a chance, stop by and see it!
Located on Edisto Island, South Carolina – Botany Bay Plantation offers access to a portion of the beach that was once a forest of large trees. The trees are dead, but the many remains litter the beach. This is one of the most photographed trees on the beach.
This is a long exposure, captured shortly after sunrise with a neutral density filter. I will have more photos of some of the other trees soon!
- Southern Appalachian Spruce Fir – Roan Highlands, Tennessee/North CarolinaJune 13, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- Blue Ridge Parkway Mile Post 19 – 20 Minute CliffJune 3, 2017 - 9:32 am
- General Jackson – Charlottesville, VirginiaMay 30, 2017 - 8:40 pm
- Frisco Pier – Cape Hatteras, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:35 pm
- Bodie Island Lighthouse and Milky Way – Nags Head, North CarolinaMay 30, 2017 - 8:30 pm